9 years after its creation, the ultra-popular Microsoft todo app Wunderlist officially shutdown today. The app made the announcement in December as it looks to expand on its alternative, Microsoft To Do.
Thankfully, it is pretty easy to transfer your lists and information from Wunderlist to To Do, if you choose as it as your alternative. Here’s what to do as explained by WindowsCentral:
- Download Microsoft To Do for Windows 10, Android, or iOS.
- Sign in with your existing Microsoft account or create one.
- Head to Settings and select the Import from Wunderlist option.
- Sign in to your Wunderlist account.
- Microsoft To Do will show you the number of tasks and lists that will be imported. Select the Import option to migrate them over.
Few things to keep in mind. There are still some features in To Do, that aren’t available on Wunderlist. Given that, whatever subtasks you had in Wunderlist, will become steps in To Do, any folders will become groups, and comments turned into notes for their corresponding task.
Wunderlist will be missed by many, but the developers at Microsoft To Do, who are mainly the same developers from Wunderlist are committed to keeping on the legacy.