Coolstar just released the first public version of Odyssey jailbreak to the public today. Odyssey is a semi-untethered jailbreak that supports all A9 – A13 iPhones, iPads, and iPod touch running iOS 13 – ioS 13.5.
Odyssey is the first jailbreak to be written almost entirely in Swift which should make it faster and responsive than any other jailbreak. It is also open source as a tribute to @s0uthwes. As per the official website “Odyssey comes with the open-source Procursus bootstrap, designed from the ground up with openness and compatibility in mind and it also comes equipped with full libhooker support, so speed and reliability are ensured.”
Odyssey comes with Sileo package manager pre-installed but allows the users to exercise full freedom of choice and can install the package manager of their choice including Cydia, Zebra, or Installer.
Odyssey Jailbreak installation guide:
- Install Altserver in your PC/Mac and Altstore in your iOS device following the steps in their official website
- Now that you have successfully installed AltStore on your device, download Odyssey Jailbreak IPA from the official site.
- Go to the download section tap on the IPA file and tap share. In the share sheet select “Copy to Altstore”. If you don’t see Copy To Altstore, tap on the More option and select from there.
- Odyssey will now start installing on you iDevice. For the process not to fail, make sure that the iDevice is connected to the computer which Altsterver was installed via USB.
- Once successfully installed, you’ll find it on your device’s home screen, tap on it and if it asks you that it’s untrusted, trust the Odyssey jailbreak from the Settings > Device Management.
- Final step – Open Odyssey > Press Jailbreak and you are done
There will be many other websites and YouTube videos showing how to install without a PC/Mac but the safest way is using the steps above.