Early in the morning on Thursday, a fire broke out at the Town Square Apple Store in Las Vegas, according to local fire officials. As CBS 3 Las Vegas reports:
Firefighters got the call around 6:20 a.m. about a fire in the store, said Clark County Deputy Fire Chief Warren Whitney in a statement.
The first arriving unit noticed some light smoke inside, and some additional firefighters were called to respond, Whitney said.
They determined the smoke alarm activated on the third floor of the building and found the fire in a room. Crews were able to put it out by about 7:10 a.m.
An investigation by the local fire marshall is being conducted, however, officials say it was due to an electrical malfunction. The extent of damage to the store remains unknown, however, no injuries were reported.
Apple’s website states that the store will reopen as planned on Sunday, October 25th at 8 AM, implying no major damages came as a result of the fire.